We absolutely love visiting TraffordCity and intu Trafford Centre. As you may have seen we recently visited to find out what you can get up to apart from shopping at TraffordCity. I’m not sure if you know but there is so much more going on all year round for all the family.
As the summer holidays are just kicking off I thought I would do a quick roundup of not only our favourite places to visit but also of any offers and activities this summer. There is so much to do to keep the kids entertained, young or old.
What is TraffordCity?
TraffordCity is home to not only intu Trafford Centre but Dino Falls, Chill Factore, Play Factore, ifly, Trafford Gold Centre, Legoland Discovery Centre, Sea Life Manchester and much, much more.
We have been lucky enough to explore a few of the attractions at TraffordCity.
Our current favourite place being Chill Factore, specifically Altitude. You don’t have to be a great skier, although if you are you can practise on the slopes too, you can just turn up and have fun in Altitude. With prices from £12.50 for a 90-minute session (45 minutes on the ice), this place is so much fun for all the family and a perfect way to burn off some energy as well as escaping from the sun!
My youngest niece and my nephew absolutely loved our visit to Dino Falls at the end of last year. Dino Falls Adventure Golf is pretty much how it sounds. An adventure golf course in a dinosaur setting. They had so much fun and pretty much disrupted the whole course. Of course, in a game that descended into complete chaos, I won! Plus, this summer one child per full paying adult goes free before 10.30 am. So for those who have early risers, get them out and on the course to burn off some of that energy!
If you are a fan of sea creatures you have to pay a visit to Sea Life Manchester. I can’t tell you how lovely it is in there. We wondered around leisurely on a Sunday afternoon checking out all the creatures and even petting them a little. Well, my niece and sister did!
We have also visited Legoland previously in the past too. I took Olivia for a birthday day out and she loved it.
What’s on at intu Trafford Centre this summer?
- This year marks the 20th birthday for intu Trafford Centre and they will be hosting some birthday celebrations between 1st August and 20th September 2018. Head to birthday street outside Topshop to join in with the celebrations.
- 21st July to the 2nd September 2018 sees the beach arrive at the Great Hall! With sand, deckchairs, water walkers and a bungee trampoline (charges apply for water walker and bungee trampoline) visit the beach at intu Trafford Centre this summer!
- Head along to Selfridges between 29th August and 2nd September 2018 for their Pick and Mix Festival happening in the store.
- Louby Lou is putting on a free show in the Orient on 20th August. A hugely popular children’s entertainer, everyone is welcome to the show.
- In The Night Garden Live is now taking bookings for shows between 28th July and 19th August 2018. With 2 different shows showing twice a day, everyday tickets start from £12.50.
Dining at Trafford City.
It goes without saying there is a huge selection of places to eat in and around TraffordCity. From McDonald’s to Pizza Hut. TGI Fridays to La Tasca, there is something for everyone. We were literally spoilt for choice when we visited and opted to try out TGI Fridays. We didn’t regret it at all and both teen, tween and ‘adults’ loved it there. Next time we go it will be an adults-only affair and we will be sampling a different menu whilst shopping till we drop.
Don’t forget about the Cinema!
With an Odeon cinema at intu Trafford Centre, you can take in the latest blockbuster, Mamma Mia 2 for us this summer, have a meal and make a good old day of it all under one roof. With free parking too, what more could you ask for!
*disclaimer: I received the above-mentioned activities and meal for purpose of separate reviews, however, I wanted to put them all into one place for those looking to visit TraffordCity. intu Trafford Centre and Trafford City have been informed of this post but I was not paid to or asked to write this post*