Bloggers blog for all kinds of different reasons. Some have something to say, opinions to share. Others want to share their humourous stories of real life and all manner of random things. We have the beauty and the fashion bloggers and the parenting ones too. And ones like me, who like to randomly write about stuff, yeah just stuff!
Some people aim for an end result from their blogging, others do it for fun, a hobby with no expectations. When I started, I just wanted to write. I had no idea about what (still don’t really). But ever since I was a teenager way back in the 90’s when I loved to read endlessly, I really wanted to be the one writing the stories. To have my name on the cover and see my words being enjoyed by others.
So I started to blog. After a while, I started to write. To write fiction. Testing the waters, would people read it? Would they like it and yes, on the whole they did, funnily enough, or not? So I carried on blogging and when I wasn’t blogging I was pining to blog, like I could feel something was missing. Does that make any sense? I feel like now, blogging has given me the platform to express myself through creative writing that maybe I wouldn’t of had elsewhere. I think though I may be better at the fiction than the blog posts but God loves a trier hey!
So with this in mind I thought I would come up with a Blogging Bucket List. A list of things I want to achieve through and with my blog. Things to do and learn. Especially as I am completely and utterly rubbish at the technical bits of blogging, you would be horrified seriously! So here it is,
Tracey’s Blogging Bucket List.
(in no particular order)
- To learn more about html, coding, and you know the basics that pretty much everyone knows and learnt at school whilst I hid away from the big old computers at school, scared of ‘modern’ technology!
- To learn more from other bloggers, tips, advice.
- To attend a blog camp. For years I have wanted to attend Britmums Live or Mumsnet Blogfest
- To develop my writing style, maybe invest in a creative writing course.
- To become more active (and sociable) on and develop my social media accounts.
- To be a full time blogger, make an actual proper income from my blog.
- To grow as a person, parent, blogger, me (honestly blogging really helps me to do this)
- To learn photography, to have better quality images for my blog and for memories for Olivia too.
What do you think? Achievable? Yes it will take time, time I will have to try to find from other places. But I feel it will be worth it. Do you blog and if so do you have a blogging bucket list too?