Arrrgh………when it it become December already? Is it just me or has this year seriously flown by? It’s madness I tell you, madness. I feel like I have just been so swamped recently it just kind of snuck up on me you know, no warning, nothing, just BOOM December!
Obviously this means only one thing………….it’s advent calender time! Olivia has been so excited to get the calendars open, I can’t even tell you how much she has gone on and on and on about opening our very first Yankee Candle Advent calendar. Of course we’ve got the standard chocolate ones, maltesers and dairy milk this year, but it really has all been about the Yankee one. The fragrances look, and sound, amazing however I have no sense of smell so I am completely oblivious to how good they actually smell though! Olivia assures me they really do smell amazing, we are currently burning the icicles one and we are taking it in turns to open each day, I am even numbers and she is odd *ahem*
We managed to get the tree and decorations up which obviously made Olivia happy I am so far behind with everything else I really need to get organised desperately.
- I need to do a big christmas clean, carpets washed, sofa cleaned, toys, wardrobes, shoes and coats all sorted and anything not needed gone!
- Presents need wrapping! I am rubbish at present wrapping but I need a day set aside with a glass of wine, christmas films on, Elf obvs, and just get cracking.
- Gift inspiration for my youngest sister is lacking. The girl has everything and being the best present buyerer ever (yes it is a word made up by the kids but it’s good enough for me) she’s a tough cookie!
- I need a new job! Plans are in motion, but nothing concrete as of yet.
- Olivia needs a new christmas outfit, but hopefully we should get that sorted as we are going to Liverpool shopping on the 4th meaning I actually get to finally see the Coca Cola truck!
So dates for the diary this month are;
- 4th December – christmas outfit shopping for Olivia
- 6th December – the big christmas clean
- 15th December – all presents bought to be wrapped and taken to my mums where we are waking up on christmas morning.
- 24th December – hopefully track down that elusive present for my sister, any ideas welcome.
- 29th December – This is the date I plan to be starting my new employment from hopefully, so keep your fingers crossed!
As well as this I have some reviews and a competition coming up for the blog so it’s going to be a busy month, I think I will be making full use of my Weekly Planner this month. Hopefully I can get it all organised around work, especially the job hunting thing. I was really lucky my amazing friend sorted my cv out for me and so far it’s doing the trick.
Fingers crossed for a good month and here’s hoping it doesn’t go quite as fast as November!
Linking up with The Reading Residence for Word of the Week, my word of the week being December.