It’s been quite a busy week this week. A stocktake in work. Bill week taking most of my money (nothing new there) and spending a lot of time alone thanks to my work hours and Olivia being in school. So I decided to make a list of the little things we overlook that have made me smile this week as it is all too easy to focus on the bad as you can read in my previous post.
- I have a Sunday off – I am not a fan of working Sunday’s so it always makes me happy to have a day off over the weekend to spend with Olivia.
- Not setting my alarm on Sunday. I can’t tell you how much I hate being woken up by an alarm, the bags under my eyes are desperate for some extra zzzzz’s
- Olivia scoring 14/15 on her spelling test despite forgeting to do her homework (on her dads watch ;0 ) Until recently she was really struggling with her spelling and she’s making great progress.
- Coffee, no explaination needed my Tassimo machine is my lifeline right now!
- Getting my hair cut. It’s all gone and I have had a decent colour put on too, a nice and mysterious, apparently, blue/black meaning I could have a good catch up with my friend/hairdresser as it was long overdue. It’s amazing the power of a good catch up a with a good friend can have on your mood.
- Getting compliments at work. Working as a trainer can be hard at times but when the person you are working with appreciates your efforts and does really well on the course it makes it kind of worth it in the end!
- Watching 3, yes 3 films in one day! Thursday was my day off, I had done all my cleaning and whilst I tweaked the blog and wrote new posts. I watched Intersteller (7/10), Captain America (8/10) and Babylon A.D. (technically not watched just forgot to turn over, a bit meh) Olivia was at her dads overnight due to me needing to be in work for 7am, hence me having so much time on my hands!
- Having a nice clean tidy house, and finding the bottom of the washing basket, whoop! As you have read previously keeping on top of the housework is a big challenge for me and I am trying my damndest to make sure I don’t get back to the way I was.
- And lastly………………. it may of taken 10x longer than a normal person to do but I finally made the move to self hosted for my blog and this is the end result. I am a complete tech phobe kind of person or whatever the phrase is. I had no clue what to do or what I was doing and it took a lot of support, thousands of emails flying back and forth, back and forth but………………. I am here. I done it. It’s working and I have a new home I love and I’m proud of. Sure there will be tweaks and changes and there are still things I need to sort out but still you can’t wipe the smile off my face, hopefully you all like it as much as I do?
What has made you happy this week?