This year I decided not to make specific New Years Resolutions but focus on goals I wanted to make during the year. I didn’t want to force myself into making any changes I wasn’t ready for this year and then fail miserably. I tend to wait until I am ready to give myself and my lack of will power the best chance at sticking things out! However without realising I have noticed some positive changes for January and I am hoping they will stick around for a while longer.
So what positive changes for January have I noticed? To be honest there were more than I realised when I sat down and thought about it.
- No Red Bull. Before Christmas I was drinking at least one large can a day and not even the sugar free one either. But since changing jobs I found that I didn’t need it and subconsciously stopped drinking it. I blame it for the sick feeling and headaches I had in the first week of January, withdrawals anyone.
- Drinking more water. This is something I have been consciously trying to do and now drink 2-3 litres a day. I refill an empty 750ml water bottle and keep it with me all day including work. A side effect of this is excessive trips to the loo. Like every 5 minutes. Forget the gym I’m running up and down stairs all day!
- Renewing my gym pass. I have been wanting to do this for ages and finally got round to it last week. I already feel better and am sleeping better because of it. Despite not having been for about 2 years, I still remember most of the moves for aqua zumba and I’m still as uncoordinated as ever!
- Eating better. My slow cooker has been in serious demand this month and Olivia is obsessed with homemade chicken soup. This means every other day I am making it in the slow cooker and I have now built up enough to stockpile for a while in the freezer. We are both eating more fruit and veg too.
- Walking. I have been walking so much these past few weeks and I even managed to win a FitBit Flex, it is my new favourite thing in the world. I am now regularly smashing my 10,000 step goals.
- I joined Weight Watchers. It’s still early days but having been using Nutribuddy Weight Loss Starter Kit it has spurred me on to do more, to lose more.
- Coffee. I
wasaddicted to coffee. Having at least two cups a day but this past week or so I have only had about 4 cups in total. I didn’t even realise I wasn’t having my staple morning java hit until a couple of days ago!
Have you made any changes to your habits this month? Or is there any that you would like to make?