So the other day I published my to-do list. You can see the full post here. I am finally ready to get out of my rut and after having finally given myself a swift kick up the butt I am ready to start making some changes and
hopefully this is how I am going to achieve ultimate happiness (Disclaimer: I do not know what is ultimate happiness but I’m thinking being able to eat as much as possible without putting wait on and being waited on hand and foot by Channing Tatum has to be pretty damn close!) anywhoo this is how my list looked.
- Spend less time online: Competitions are not the be all and end all no siree! Yes it’s nice winning free stuff but at the expense of quality time with Olivia, well no I will be making a concious effort to not spend so much time online (that also includes playing online bingo sorry Jackpot Joy!)
- Do more activities with Olivia: Well following on from number one, means I need to get involved a bit more. Organise my time better so I don’t need to do other stuff when I have time to spend with her ie, when I’m not working my time is hers. When she is asleep/in school then I will prioritise everything else.
- Spring clean: What can I say?!?! I am going to draw a list up of the offending area(s) yes, plural and make sure they are sorted and most probably binned. Heck I have been here for a while I have accumulated lots of crap over the years!
- Redecorate: As above, I have been in this house for nearly 4 years now so look out for lots of posts whilst I decide on new colour schemes for pretty much every room in the house (p.s. Olivia’s is already well under way)
- Read More: I have recently got rid of my Netflix and Amazon Prime accounts and I have lots of new books I have had for ages that I need to read.
- Cook More: Now this is a biggie. Before I went back to work full time I used to cook some lovely healthy meals. My slow cooker was loved and we ate copious amounts of vegetables. These days he only vegetable I see is the carrots in the Chicken satay from the chippy.! So starting this week I am doing some meal plans and reintroducing proper food into my diet.
- Eat less takeaways: Pretty self explanatory here can be easily achieved by doing the above point!
- Blog more: already on this as you can see. I am going to try to post at least once a week which is progress on once every 3 months.
- Exercise at least 3 times a week: This may be hard as I have no will power but Olivia is going to do it with me (we started today!) especially as she needs to work on some exercises and co-ordination for gymnastics, she takes after me here!
- Smile more: These days I seem to have adopted the resting b**ch face look (a permanent scowl) but by trying to do the above this may all change!
I will be trying to blog about my progress fairly regularly. Maybe once a week or fortnight, once a week maybe too much
pressure. so I will see how it goes. Keep an eye for any future updates or feel free to leave me some tips/recipies etc in the comments thanks.