Olivia’s favourite food in the world is bread! However it comes, Bread, Toast, Sandwich Thins, Wraps, Pitta, Naan you name it she will eat it! So it goes without saying that she loves good old butty (as we say up North) with tuna mayo and cucumber.
But me, well I’m not quite so fussy but one thing I do love adding to my sandwiches is crisps or even just crisps on their own I don’t think I’ve met anyone who doesn’t love a good crisp butty do you?
Well guess what, it is National Crisp Sandwich Week! A week to celebrate all those tasty combinations we add crisps too! Do you have a favourite? I do I am girl of simple tastes (and mind) and love livening up a simple Ham Salad butty with a pack of plain salted crisps, fyi ham and quaver sarnies are absolutely delish! Trust me give ’em a whirl you won’t be sorry.
So to celebrate National Crisp Week with Tots100 and Seabrook Crisps I am sharing with you my Crispy Ham Salad Butty, you are welcome!
The Crispy Ham Salad Butty.
- Get all your ingredients ready. I used Warburton’s Sandwich Thins, low fat spread, mixed lettuce leaves, cucumber, sliced ham and Seabrooks Sea Salted crisps.
- Separate your sandwich thin and spread with low fat spread (or your preferred choice)
- Place sliced ham on the bottom slice.
- Add on lettuce and cucumber.
- Top with Seabrooks Sea Salted crisps
- Place the top of your sandwich thin on the top.
Of course you can add mayo for extra flavour, or tomato sauce as Olivia does(?) or include tomato and onions or other salad vegetables. personally I left off the tomato as it makes the crisps soggy.